a photoblog by ben fredman

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

misc thailand...

Finally an update. I've been busy as of late and discouraged by the firewall which has blocked blogger here. I've been using sneak proxy servers, but could not post photos. Then I came to realize I should try embedding soundsliders...I can't see them, but if they don't work on your end, leave a comment.

So far, it doesn't seem to be working. But try looking here...

http://www.benfredman.com/misc/thailand/index.html

Anyways, I spent a few weeks on a solo backpacking trip around Thailand. I explored, riding a motorcycle anywhere I could without crashing or getting stuck in mud. I visited temples, endured twelve hour bus rides, met rad people, laughed a great deal...had a fantastic time. Now I'm in Yunnan Province, China, doing photography and group leadership for Rustic Pathways, a group that brings American teenagers across the globe for various programs. Mid-July I'll leave here and hopefully go on a backpacking trip to far Western Sichuan to explore photograph a massive annual Tibetan horse racing festival.

4 comments:

Chris Detrick said...

bummer. no images.

ben fredman said...

Dang. I'm still trying to figure this out. It's hard to access or post things with the good ole' China firewall. Here is a link to the slideshow from my hosting site...

http://www.benfredman.com/misc/thailand/index.html

Tully said...

it's working on my end broseph. have fun shooting the brodeo.

looks good. glad to see you didn't abandon the blog

Unknown said...

I can see ur photos. Lovin' the guy with the sticks.

illtown

I am a freelance photographer and educator specializing in documentary, editorial and travel photography based in St. Petersburg FL.
All Images © Ben Fredman, The Free Lance-Star, The Dallas Morning News, The Star-Ledger, The Muskegon Chronicle and The Post Register.