a photoblog by ben fredman

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

.interiors.

One of the really valuable things about interning at a paper with as many sections as the Star-Ledger is getting to photograph something totally different than documentary photojournalism. For instance, shooting interiors for our Home & Garden section. I've never shot anything like this. I asked a lot of questions first, our photo editors were looking for overalls of the main room and the kitchen plus a few details. The pictures were supposed to emphasize the pillows, wall and window designs. It was challenging, a different way of thinking. I lit everything except the details. The editors were really happy with my pictures, which was awesome, because I had no idea how I did. Shooting interiors also takes longer than you'd expect...





0 comments:

illtown

I am a freelance photographer and educator specializing in documentary, editorial and travel photography based in St. Petersburg FL.
All Images © Ben Fredman, The Free Lance-Star, The Dallas Morning News, The Star-Ledger, The Muskegon Chronicle and The Post Register.