a photoblog by ben fredman

Thursday, June 21, 2007

.@shea.
Last night I covered my first MLB game, Mets vs Twins at Shea Stadium in Queens. It was an awesome evening. I sat down in the spot reserved for Sports Illustrated. Then, I shadowed S-L staffer William Pearlman, who can caption and transmit photos so fast it'll make you're damn head spin. He showed me the ropes, and next thing I know, I'm transmitting between innings. William also gave me some great tips on shooting baseball, especially pointers to predict reactions. The game got a bit slow after about four innings, but covering pro sports is just a cool atmosphere. Hell, I could be working for a living. Only damper, them Mets lost. Here are some pictures...




1 comments:

Adam said...

Hey Ben, these are sick shots. What kind of lens are you using? Also, what kind of camera do you shoot with the most? Thanks for the comments on the pictures I agree with your tips and what I need to work on. Hope NJ is treating you well.

illtown

I am a freelance photographer and educator specializing in documentary, editorial and travel photography based in St. Petersburg FL.
All Images © Ben Fredman, The Free Lance-Star, The Dallas Morning News, The Star-Ledger, The Muskegon Chronicle and The Post Register.