a photoblog by ben fredman

Thursday, January 25, 2007

First Weeks in Muskegon. Hey! I've been here at the Muskegon Chronicle for a little over two weeks. The staff here is excellent. The photogs are talented, kind and full of inspiration. My photo editor is a great leader and mentor. I think I'm off to an okay start and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the internship. Here is some stuff--


Ice Fishing.
Feature hunting...my first time on a frozen lake. First one will run. What a sport...maybe a story or essay here?






Winter Fun.
My assignment was to find people having fun and embracing winter...since we finally got some snow (there was a snow drought for a while here). All these ran..the Muskegon Chronicle runs lots of photos!






City Wrestling Tourney
Wrestling is a blast to shoot. Shot this with strobes and pocket wizards...






Snow X Race





Weekly Jazz Night.
Low light blues...





Portrait
Publisher, writer, journalist and overall Man of Books



Sports!
Hat Trick!


Junior College Wrastlin!





Preps


1 comments:

... said...

dude it looks cold as balls up there. i like the ice skater pic. also, the ice fishing was def, done Fredman-style. i like very much. i'm meeting with David Rees next week to discuss my future plans, i'll let you know how that goes....

peace

illtown

I am a freelance photographer and educator specializing in documentary, editorial and travel photography based in St. Petersburg FL.
All Images © Ben Fredman, The Free Lance-Star, The Dallas Morning News, The Star-Ledger, The Muskegon Chronicle and The Post Register.